Can I hear you play before I decide to book you to play the harp at my wedding?
Yes of course!
There are listening samples posted on the "Video" tab. If there is specific song you want please email me. You are also more than welcome to attend any public performances listed on my itinerary. However, weddings are private events, and out of respect for the families, I do not invite potential clients to see me perform at private functions.
Can you play more than what you have posted? Can you play my favorite song at my wedding?
Most of the time, this answer is yes! I can usually transcribe special music for the harp or read piano sheet music, however some songs may not translate well on the instrument. I will surely let you know well in advance if I believe a particular song won't work. In advance I require 30 days notice for custom music selections.
Will you play outdoors year-round?
I do play outdoor events, however there are some guidelines because the harp is a very delicate instrument and must be protected from the elements.
- -There is an additional charge of $50.00 for any outdoor performances
- -The harp must stand on a dry and level surface
- -The harp must be out of direct sunlight (a tent, or umbrella is acceptable)
- -Temperatures must be between 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit. Extreme heat can damage the harp, and extreme cold makes for stiff fingers!
- -There must be an alternate location planned, in the event of rain or inclement weather
- -If it begins to rain during any event I will be forced to immediately cover my instrument and move to a environmentally safe area. I will be happy to continue playing from an indoor/covered location. The full balance of the contract is still due
Do you perform with other musicians/ bands?
Yes. I perfrom with a trio, please click the "Trio Delphi" tab for more information specifcally about Trio Delphi. I can also perform as duo or trio with a flutist, guitarist, violinist, harpist, or cellist. Contact me for additional ensembles and details.
I am on a very tight budget. I really want to have a harp at my wedding but can't afford your prices. Are there any other options?
Yes, there are other options. I can bring a small lever harp, which will reduce the overall price. Please note that there is a very limited repertoire and you will have to choose from a list of songs given. Also, the overall sound of a smaller harp doesn't carry well across large spaces.
Most of the time I accept bookings up to 12 months in advance. Generally, weddings are booked 4 to 6 months in advance.
Is it possible to book you last minute to play for my wedding?
Yes if I am available for the date, then there is no problem nor is there any additional charge.